Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Changes in my life.

As I've been thinking of ways to improve my craft, online shop and jewelry, I am bombarded by thoughts of natural vs. unnatural. (chemicals, toxins etc.) As the new year approaches, I've realized that I want to be healthier, more environmentally friendly and an overall happier person. This affects both my craft and personal life... physically and mentally (spiritually too).

When it comes to jewelry, I'd rather use a lemon/salt solution to clean brass then Brasso. I'd rather use vinegar fumes or heat to darken it rather then highly toxic chemicals. And I've realized I don't want to use cancer causing glue. sigh. Oh, and I read this today too.. I guess it really pushed me over the edge in wanting to be chemical free. It has been on my mind for some time though.

http://extras.sltrib.com/china/

Now, when it comes down to food.. well I'll write more later.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yay for you! That's great. I can't wait to see what you come up with. I check your store daily for updates :)