Friday, January 25, 2008

What is with Typepad..?

Why does everyone have a blog on Typepad? Is it better than Blogger? Well, I suppose it must be if you have to pay for it. On that note, my free Flickr has run out of free space. :( I need to upgrade to a Pro acct. or delete photos. What to do!? I don't want to pay for it.

Oh, but I do like the "On the Coffee Table" or the list of books I see in other blogs. Maybe that is a feature not offered in blogger. I'll have to check.

Ok. Moving on to a totally unrelated subject: I had a horrible canker sore in my mouth last night, I think from eating to much cake. I tried a remedy that I've read about online and even in the forums on Etsy! I bought a small container of Alum in the grocery store, dabbed a bit on my canker sore for a few minutes last night and woke up this morning with no pain at all! Pretty neat... inexpensive and fast too.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I've been wondering the same thing about typepad vs blogger. It seems like the features of typepad are slightly more slick, like you said, the photos of books on lists... but there are many cool blogger sites too. Good luck!

Erin said...

I like the look of Typepad better and it's so much easier to use once you get going. Plus, you can customize it (with a Pro or Plus account, I think) and that helps. It's just way easier to use and gives me a lot less headaches than Blogger did! The book list can be done on Blogger. I've seen some blogs with this, but don't know where they got it. Try googling "free book list for blog" and see what you find :)

Eva said...

Yes, I like the look of Typepad too. But I don't think I blog enough to justify purchasing an account. Maybe someday! I'll have to look for that book thing.